Sweet Potato Toast
They say breakfast is for champions. Well, I just found a gold medal recipe... (drum roll please) Sweet Potato Toast! Try replacing your toasted bread with toasted sweet potato. It gives you the energy you need in the morning, gluten free, and stacked with vitamins. Here's a quick breakfast (or anytime) recipe that will make you feel like a champ throughout the day!
- Basil leaves
- 1 Egg
- Sweet Potato
- Chipotle Vegenaise (optional)
Cut the sweet potato into halves. Cut them pretty thin, a little thinner than a piece of bread. Put the sweet potato into the toaster and make sure it's on high. If you prefer your sweet potato softer, let it toast longer. Cook the egg to your liking. I like my eggs over easy :) I personally like spices, so I like adding cayenne and turmeric to the mix.
When the sweet potatoes are done, grab them from the toaster. If you want, spread some Chipotle Vegenaise on top. (Bomb flavor! You can pick up a jar at Whole Foods.) Add the basil on top of the sweet potato, then place the egg on top of that. Add a few avocado slices for some healthy fats and for that yummy savory taste, because who doesn't like avocado?
Voila! A breakfast for a super healthy champion.
Benefits of sweet potatoes:
Where to start! Let me list them out.
- Excellent source of vitamin A beta carotene. Vitamin A helps detox the body and promotes skin renewal.
- Good source of vitamin C. Builds immunity from cold and flu.
- Produces skin elasticity and softness.
- Good source of potassium, more potassium and a banana.
- Contains magnesium and tryptophan which helps with relaxation and stress.
- No blood sugar spikes since its a complex carbohydrate and natural sugar is released slowly in the body.
- Great source of vitamin D, sunshine vitamin. Most people don't get enough sunshine.
Give this recipe a try!